Click here to take advantage of this limited time offer valued at $700!
25 Most Popular 'Mother/Son' Dance Songs in 2018
Written by Michael Liedtke on October 15th, 2018
Well, here we are...
Your wedding is coming up and you're drawing a blank on which song to play during the Mother/Son dance, right?
Well you're in luck!
After our last blog where we listed our most popular 'First Dance' songs in 2018 so far, many people had requested that we make more lists like that one.
So, we have compiled a list of 25 of the most requested 'Mother and Son' dance songs so far in 2018, and it contains quite a few classics, with a mix of songs that you may not have thought of.
Whether these songs strike up old memories of you growing up with your mom (or whoever you choose to dance with during this portion of your wedding), or if the lyrics perfectly explain your relationship with her, we hope this list can guide you in the right direction of picking the right song.
However, before we get started, I want to hand out a few quick tips!
1. If you mom is unavailable or chooses not to dance during this portion for whatever reason, you do not have nix the mother/son dance altogether. Many previous clients have either danced with siblings, their children, or other family or friends who may have stepped in as a mother role.
It is ultimately your wedding, so it's up to you on who you want to dance with.
2. Many of these songs are pretty long, have lengthy intros, or have a specific part that you want to dance to. That being said, don't be afraid to ask your DJ to start (or end) the song at a specific point in the song.
Also, many clients usually just dance for about 1-2 minutes, so you can definitely request that your DJ/Band only play the song for a select amount of time.
3. There are many awesome ideas for dances, so don't be afraid to get creative! I can't tell you how many clients I've seen who have done choreographed dances with their loved ones.
So let's get to it...
1. My Wishby Rascal Flatts
2. What a Wonderful Worldby Louis Armstrong
3. Simple Manby Lynard Skynard
4. Humble and Kindby Tim Mcgraw
5. A Song For Mamaby Boyz II Men
6. I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack
7. You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins
8. Days Like This by Van Morrison
9. In My Life by The Beatles
10. Because You Love Me (Theme from Up) by Celine Dion
11. Over the Rainbow by Israel 'Iz' Kamakawiwo'ole
12. Never Alone by Jim Brickman Feat. Lady Antebellum and Hillary Scott
13. Forever Young by Rod Stewart
14. Boy by Lee Brice
15. 93 Million Miles by Jason Mraz
16. Stand By Me by Ben E. King
17. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
18. You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
19. You're Gonna Be by Reba McEntire
20. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) by James Taylor
21. Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney
22. Like Jesus Does by Eric Church
23. You Are the Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder